Monday, March 28, 2011

L.A. Times Preview of Noir City 13

Susan King of the Los Angeles Times previews the 13th Annual Noir City Festival, opening in Hollywood this Friday evening, April 1st.

King interviews the Film Noir Foundation's Eddie Muller and Alan K. Rode about some of the titles to be screened at the Egyptian Theatre next month.

Incidentally, one of those titles, THIS WOMAN IS DANGEROUS (1952), aired on Turner Classic Movies yesterday. I recorded it for future viewing -- unless, of course, I happen to have the time to see it at the Noir City Festival -- and it was reviewed today by Ivan at Thrilling Days of Yesteryear. The movie stars Joan Crawford and Dennis Morgan.

As I mentioned in passing near the end of this weekend's roundup post, I'll be attending the opening night screenings of HIGH WALL (1947), a favorite Robert Taylor-Audrey Totter film, which is paired with an Anthony Mann "B" movie, STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT (1944). Both films will be shown in restored 35-millimeter prints.

I have tickets for three other evenings during the festival. If my schedule permits, I might try to attend another double bill or two spontaneously, if tickets are available, but I'll have to see how April unfolds.

There's really nothing like seeing a mint condition 35-millimeter print on the big screen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older