Friday, April 30, 2010

Today at Disney's California Adventure: Springtime

After spending a few hours at Disneyland, we headed over to spend an hour at Disney's California Adventure and take in the latest changes.

The big Food and Wine Festival is currently underway...we noted that Chef Robert of DINNER: IMPOSSIBLE will be at the park the weekend of May 21st. We may have to try to see him!

California Adventure has its share of lovely spring flowers:


The view from the new Paradise Park, which will be the viewing area for the World of Color water show:


This photo taken near Ariel's Grotto shows both Paradise Park and work continuing on a World of Color platform in Paradise Bay:


Signs of the coming changes are all over the park. (Click to enlarge.)


Work continues on Cars Land, beyond Paradise Pier:


Work on the Little Mermaid ride has "gone vertical"!


A couple years from now California Adventure will no longer be the underdeveloped side attraction to Disneyland, but a destination park in its own right.

7 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

We've been spending more time over there lately and taken in quite a few food demos. On Wednesday we stayed for all four of them. Good shows and nice samples of food too :)

8:57 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Irene,

I was just thinking of dropping you an email, haven't heard from you in a while! We're going to have to try out some of the Festival events at some point...I suspect it will be packed for Chef Robert but it would be fun since the kids and I enjoy DINNER: IMPOSSIBLE.

Glad to hear you've been having a nice time out there!

Best wishes,
Laura

8:59 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

I like the look of that Mickey Mouse Ferris Wheel. That looks like it would be fun to ride.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

If you're in one of the moving cars, it's surprisingly scary, Tom! Last summer my kids got me to go on it for the first time in years and I was wondering why I'd agreed to try it again -- I think next time I'll try one of the stationary cars instead! The view is great.

Based on a promotional video I saw, the ferris wheel will be part of the new World of Color show, too.

Best wishes,
Laura

9:10 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Yikes, I would never get on one of those moving cars!
I hear that you have to get there really early and wait for several hours if you want to get in to see one of the big celebs like Chef Robert.
I've been lurking, just not commenting so much. I just got "Interrupted Melody" from the library to watch :)

11:43 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

One of the things that makes the moving cars so scary is that you can't see much of the track up above, so you feel like you're going to go careening off the ferris wheel at any time.

I can imagine how long the wait must be for the celebrity chefs...we'll have to decide next month whether it's worth the effort.

Glad to know all is well with you! I have INTERRUPTED MELODY but (as is so often the case) haven't seen it yet! It looks really interesting, hope you find it is a good one. Does your library carry it on video or the Warner Archive DVD?

Best wishes,
Laura

11:52 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Unfortunately its only available in VHS from them. Sometimes they aren't in that great of a condition. We'll see as I hope to watch it today.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older