Sunday, September 20, 2009

Coming to DVD: Disney's Zorro

This year's Disney Treasures releases will be Disney's classic ZORRO TV series starring Guy Williams.

Season 1 and Season 2 will each be released in their own Disney Treasures tin.

Extras include additional ZORRO specials which aired on WALT DISNEY'S WONDERFUL WORLD OF COLOR after the original series ended its regular run.

As always, Leonard Maltin serves as the host for this series.

A few months ago we got a free copy of ZORRO from Disney Movie Rewards, although we didn't realize till it arrived that it was colorized. The colorization actually didn't look as bad as most colorized movies and it was thus enjoyed, but we'll be glad to get the series in its original black and white. It looks like another great release in the Treasures series.

Still hoping for more SPIN AND MARTY and the Jiminy Cricket "I'm No Fool" cartoons to be released...maybe next year!

3 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Another one of my favorite shows going up :)

9:50 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Thank you! When my daughter was two she was hooked on Guy Williams' "Zorro" and all she wanted for her third birthday was a Zorro costume and a tape of the show. It was so hard to find a tape. Eventually, I located one - the two-part episode with Annette Funicello. This tape was watched over and over and now lives in my daughter's baby box of memorabilia. She was so pleased when I read her your post this morning. I know what to add to her Christmas list.

4:30 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Great news, isn't it, Irene?

What a great story, Mrs. HH. It's wonderful this is finally available -- I'm happy I could give you and your daughter the good news!

Best wishes,
Laura

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older