Monday, August 25, 2008

Michelle Obama...

...needs to stop wagging her finger when she gives speeches.

I had the TV on with the sound off -- having already read her speech online, I was juggling my work with waiting to hear what the Fox News panel thought -- and her body language was really interesting without the sound on. The way she constantly shakes her finger gives her a hectoring appearance even when she's trying to speak in a friendly tone.

The body language hints at the angry person which her other speeches suggest lies underneath the smile and polished appearance.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

What an interesting way to analyze a 'speech' - no sound, just the body language. She tends to be *instructive* and scolding (hence the finger) and it feels like we're continually getting her disapproval which is annoying.

OTH, she has looked just spectacular, no?

9:27 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Yes, I agree she has looked very nice; she does a good job choosing colors that are flattering.

I do have to comment that while their little girls are adorable, I have been uncomfortable with how "maturely" the 10-year-old has been dressed on a couple nights this week, with thin spaghetti straps and a cut of the bodice usually seen on more mature girls. One of Biden's young granddaughters was dressed in an identical style tonight. Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I like little girls to dress more like little girls. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older