Thursday, August 28, 2008

Interesting

A post I wrote about Alaska Governor Sarah Palin last June (click post title above) has received steady traffic ever since it was first posted.

This week it's escalated to hundreds of hits per day. I haven't found any particular link on the web so I'm not certain what's driving the traffic, but it's just kind of interesting to me that that particular topic is generating so many views.

Senator McCain certainly seems to be doing an exemplary job keeping the name of his V.P. selection from leaking. Friday should be quite interesting in that regard.

Early Friday Update: My goodness, over 27,000 hits on the June Palin post today! And the Sitemeter keeps spinning.

Update: The mind boggles: over 51,000 hits and heading up up up...

Late Friday Update: More hits than Hugh Hewitt? This afternoon on the radio Hugh said his website had had 130,000 hits today.

So far today I'm at 136,000 and counting!

A great day for the Republican Party resulted in a great day here at Laura's Miscellaneous Musings. Thanks to everyone who's stopped by!

7 Comments:

Blogger windycorner said...

Hi Laura,
People are probably googling 'Alaska governor' and getting your post in the top 10. It will be interesting to see who get's the nod for the GOP. The Corner keeps mentioning Pawlenty. Did you watch Obama's speech? I tried but had to keep getting up to leave the room. Too much to take!
Holley
p.s. there's an award for you on my blog....come see.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I had the speech on with the sound off again...it's an interesting way to watch a speech. (I was working, plus I just didn't want to *hear* it...I was waiting to hear the reaction of Brit Hume & Co.)

I honestly don't know who I'm hoping for as the V.P. selection...someone that's pro-life and will contrast well with Biden in a debate, for starters... Anyone have preferences?

Best wishes,
Laura

10:59 PM  
Blogger newsnomore said...

I found your blog by doing a Google on Sarah Palin.

Love your site!

5:21 AM  
Blogger J.C. Loophole said...

Hey now - don't forget those everyday hits from your big fans! See- you just make someone a rockstar and they forget the die hards! (He he -just kidding! Congrats!)

9:23 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

LOL!! It's a little mind-blowing, J.C., the count's now in the 70,000's.

I strongly suspect this is a one-day wonder, however! (Grin)

Best wishes,
Laura

10:19 AM  
Blogger UGN said...

Laura, I suggest you take a gambit on who might be a VP pick in 2112, blog about it, and make sure you sign up for some google ads or sell space or something. Congrats!

1:25 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, UGN! :) Funny idea!

Best wishes,
Laura

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older