Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This Is One Musical Sequel I'll Never See

Andrew Lloyd Webber has premiered the first act of a sequel to THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA at the Sydmonton Festival. The sequel is called PHANTOM: ONCE UPON ANOTHER TIME.

Lloyd Webber hopes the complete musical will be ready for the West End by the fall of 2009.

The description of the plot -- which can be read by clicking the title of this post -- sounds more like something from the satiric site The Onion than anything that could be reality.

Why would Lloyd Webber ruin his masterpiece with such a ridiculous story?

Perhaps it will turn out to be incredibly wonderful and I'll be taking back these words, but after reading that plotline a second time, I just don't think so.

Ugh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Wow, that's some plot. I think I'll pass. Is Lord Webber short on money or something?

5:31 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Ditto on the passing. Just a tad pyschotic, no? (Perhaps he's going for a musical comedy? Just reading the link made *me* giggle!)

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older