Sunday, May 18, 2008

Today at Disney's California Adventure

We're having a bit of a heat wave here in Southern California. Saturday the temperature was close to 100! It was at least 10 degrees cooler today so my girls and I decided to spend the afternoon at California Adventure and Disneyland while the boys were busy elsewhere.

Beautiful summery flowers at Sunshine Plaza:


Toy Story Midway Mania (aka Toy Story Mania!) isn't open yet -- the official date is June 17th, with passholder previews starting the first week of June -- but the store next door has opened for business. It has a light, airy feel reminiscent of Disney World's Beach Club decor:


A ride poster featured in the store:


Some much-needed shade has been installed on Paradise Pier adjacent to the new ride -- note the surfing Donald detail on the roof (click any photo to enlarge):


Kevin Yee recently reviewed the Florida version of the ride for MiceAge.

We finished the California Adventure half of our visit with a spin on the charming King Triton's Carousel:


The carousel's unique theming includes depictions of famous Southern California seaside parks of bygone days:


More flowers:


Pictures from the Disneyland half of our visit are posted above.

2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

The temperature at our house was again close to 100 today and so I would have never considered going to the park :o)

Great photos. Looking forward to the ones of Disneyland. Jen and I were there this last Tuesday afternoon for her birthday. I did not take photos or post a trip report.

Have you entered the AP contest to get a first look at Midway Mania? I checked all dates and all times hoping I'd get something. I never did on Nemo.

Also, I finally got around to updating my blog with the Revlon Run/Walk pictures.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Irene! I did enter the AP contest. We had no luck with the Submarine Preview either, but you never know, maybe this time we'll get the chance. :) I checked all dates and times too!

Thanks for the tip, I'll be checking out your blog photos!

Best wishes,
Laura

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older