Friday, April 27, 2007

New Book: Thanks to You by Julie Andrews Edwards

I happened to hear Julie Andrews Edwards today on Hugh Hewitt's radio show, and learned she and her daughter, Emma Walton Hamilton, have written a new book, THANKS TO YOU: WISDOM FROM MOTHER AND CHILD. It sounds like a nice potential Mother's Day gift, which I'll be checking out next time I'm in a bookstore.

It seems that Julie Andrews' books have been a part of my life nearly as long as her movies and albums. When I was growing up, MARY POPPINS and THE SOUND OF MUSIC had more of an impact on my childhood than any other movies, and at the same time her book MANDY was a particular favorite of mine, which my daughters in turn have read.

Andrews Edwards' THE LAST OF THE REALLY GREAT WHANGDOODLES, first published in the mid '70s, has been recently published in a 30th Anniversary Edition.

LITTLE BO (1999) and its sequel have been favorites of my youngest daughter since she was a first grader.

It is really rather remarkable that aside from her brilliant acting and singing career, Julie Andrews Edwards has made contributions to the world of children's literature which have stood the test of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older