Tuesday, February 13, 2007

New on DVD: Beauty and the Beast

The post-Christmas DVD drought is ending, and there is a great release today, just in time for Valentine's Day: Season One of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST.

I'm greatly looking forward to revisiting the magical world of Catherine and Vincent for the first time in two decades. The show eventually went off the rails in its final season, but I remember the first year, in particular, as television magic.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST stars Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman. Sadly, semiregular Edward Albert passed away last year, at far too young an age.

If anyone is looking for a last-minute Valentine's Day gift, this DVD set is a great idea. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I stopped by Target on the way home from work and purchased this. I was very surprised in looking at the Sunday ads that this was not listed in Target, Best Buy or Circuit Cities Ads. As a matter of fact I did a double check on line this morning to make sure today was really the day :)

I am looking forward to watching this again.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Irene, what did Target charge? I've been debating going up there versus ordering online. :)

Thank you,
Laura

1:47 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

I paid 34.99. I had to search the internet in order to find the prices. Best Buy/Circuit City says their price is 39.99. I am assuming that is also their in store price. Wal-Mart on line says their price is 32.52 but my daughter has found that the in store price is much higher. Drives her nuts. So I went with a known and just went to Target.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks very much for the info, Irene. Amazon's price was better ($32.99) but I decided it was worth a couple extra dollars not to wait on this one, and went to Target and picked it up.

Best wishes, Laura

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older