Saturday, August 05, 2006

Michael Barone: Republicans Support Israel...

...far more than Democrats.

Barone analyzes a new poll in which a majority (56 percent) of Democrats think Israel has acted improperly in defending itself against Hezbollah, while a majority (64 percent) of Republicans believe Israel's response has been correct.

Barone: "Left-wing anti-Israel sentiment is not confined to a few odd corners of the academic world; it has become a mass constituency in the Democratic Party."

And yet only 25% of American Jews voted for President Bush in 2004.

Read the whole thing, his post is filled with interesting details.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

I always finding it shocking when I come upon American Jews that are anti-Israel. They're always liberal Jews too. I think there are more Christians than Jews in this country that support Israel. Opinion not supported with facts, I'm just taking a guess here.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

"I think there are more Christians than Jews in this country that support Israel. Opinion not supported with facts, I'm just taking a guess here."

Based on Barone's article, I think there's a good chance you're right.

Laura

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older