Monday, July 10, 2006

Why Was This Man "Cleared of Wrongdoing"?

Lost amidst the squabble over whether the TSA or Houston Police was responsible for letting a (very) suspicious man on board a flight: What's with the offhand comment that "The FBI eventually cleared the man of wrongdoing"?

Let's review: He was asked if he had a laptop and lied that he did not, when he did. He had curious footwear: "The entire soles of both shoes were gutted out." I know I always travel with the soles of my shoes completely gutted out. And "A search of the man's baggage revealed a clock with a 9-volt battery taped to it and a copy of the Quran."

Maybe I'm missing something here, but if that's not a rather profound batch of circumstantial evidence, I don't know what is. And, at minimum, isn't lying to a TSA screener some kind of offense in this day and age?

The FBI said, "It was looked at and deemed a non-event." Okaaaaay.

I simply hope that this man was let go because the FBI has him under surveillance to see if he leads to other terrorists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older