Monday, June 05, 2006

Fess Parker's Daniel Boone Coming to DVD

For those of us of a certain age, DANIEL BOONE is one of our earliest TV memories...in fact I think I may have watched more of this show in '70s reruns than when it actually aired. I absolutely adored it, including the hokey but very memorable theme music.

I was thus quite excited to learn today that, according to a BOONE fan site, the first two seasons have been restored and the first DVD release will be sometime this fall.

I don't know how it will hold up four decades later, but I'll be quite happy to hear that theme music one more time and share it with my children. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Thanks for posting this! My kiddies love Daniel Boone. We even went to his house & homestead in Missouri. They also love Fess Parker in the Davy Crockett movies. They'll be very happy to hear about this upcoming DVD.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Glad I could share this news! We liked Davy Crockett on DVD as well.

I know you love books -- one of my all-time favorite children's books is JEMIMA: DAUGHTER OF DANIEL BOONE by Margaret Sutton. (There's a listing at Amazon.) It's somewhat fictionalized (as is the TV show, of course!) but a terrific "pioneer" story. I searched for my own copy for years after it disappeared from our local library. Worth looking for if you haven't read it. I envy your visit to the Boone homestead, what a wonderful opportunity!

Best wishes, Laura

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older