Sunday, March 05, 2006

Captain's Quarters Live Blogging the Oscars

It's just too painful for a devoted film fan who's not a member of the far left wing to watch more than snippets of the Oscars these days -- I mean, how could I possibly care that a song called "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" won the Oscar? Hollywood seems to be doing its utmost to alienate mainstream America.

Reading Ed Morrissey's live commentary at Captain's Quarters makes a good substitute if you want to find out the winners -- and the show's high and low points -- without suffering through endless liberal platitudes and clips.

I do plan to turn the show on in time for the Best Actress category -- I'm very much hoping Reese Witherspoon wins for her portrayal of June Carter in WALK THE LINE. As much as I enjoyed Felicity Huffman in SPORTS NIGHT, I would be disappointed if she wins the Oscar for yet another of this year's "agenda" movies.

Update: I'm so very happy for Reese Witherspoon, a true class act.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Reese! My friends and I watched these extra boring Oscars, but had fun snarking about the dresses, etc. There were a few clunkers, Charlize Theron, and some winners, Reese Witherspoon, Keira Knightley, and Sandra Bullock (but get your hands out of the pockets girl!).

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older