Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Too Many Commercial Breaks

There are now more reasons than ever to wait and watch TV shows on DVD rather than during their initial TV run. As if the on-screen advertising, miniscule end credits, and commercial breaks aren't enough, networks are now squeezing in more commercial breaks than ever before.

Last night during GILMORE GIRLS we were baffled by the frequency of the commercials. We should time the show with a stopwatch next week (grin). We watched the first seasons of the show on DVD, and it's certainly a more pleasant way to watch a series. Perhaps one day there will be direct-to-DVD TV shows, just as there have been direct-to-video movies. :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Apple has just announced some new iPods and an agreement with ABC. The new iPods will play videos. The new agreement with ABC is to sell downloadable episodes of ABC shows the day after they air. They didn't say whether or not there would be commercials and I'm not sure you want your family squeezed around a 2.5 inch screen to watch Desparate Housewives or LOST. Even if the episodes only cost $1.99 each. But maybe this is progress. Hum?

2:19 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

An interesting new trend!

I sometimes do this with Rush Limbaugh, if I'm too busy with homeschooling to listen (he comes on at 9:00 a.m. here) I listen later in the day on the computer or I can download to my iPod, because I subscribe to his website.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason, you just don't strike me as the Palm PDA and iPod gal! I'm in shock, but have to admit I have both also. ;-)

9:32 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

The iPod was a gift to myself for Mother's Day, LOL. I have really been enjoying it.

Got the Palm about a year and a half ago. I especially like using the desktop calendar, it's so easy to keep track of recurring commitments and to move things around on the calendar. I also like setting alarms to remember to tape movies or TV shows :).

Fun you have both too!!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older